Tuesday 21 October 2014

UWAGA! in Macau

Hello everyone, how's your day? Most of my friends are busy on their work or studies while I am enjoying my gap year holiday. Many people kept on asking me the same question , "what are you going to do this year? " Well, actually I got many things to do. For instance, studying, painting and traveling.

Two months ago, I registered for a workshop "UWAGA!" in Macau; " UWAGA" is a portuguese word which means "pay attention!"
Nowadays, how does a citizen get his/her voice to be heard in the public space? UWAGA! A multidisciplinary project that uses urban art to embark on a performative journey to approach people on the streets directly. Its' goal is to amplify their opinions on their inhabit. Moreover, a public dimension is given by those opinions.

Hence, this project is about making a public installation by using cardboards. First of all, we did a group discussion of ideas and artists researches. Here I would like to share some creative, inspiring art works.

大家最近好嗎?當你正在忙於上學和工作時,我卻正在享受我悠閒的假期,哈~經常有很多人問我一年的長假期有沒有什麼打算?其實我特別地去為自己計劃什麼,有空就看看書、畫畫、去一去旅行也無妨。

兩個月前,我參與了一個工作坊"UWAGA!"(很不好意的說:都已經過了兩個月呢~)“UWAGA!”葡語解釋為“注意!”這個活動由由葡國開始一個藝術團體所策辦的,目的是希望大家可以多關注街頭藝街。

而這一次是要用紙皮來做一個裝置藝術。首先,我們做了一些Idea分享和artist reseach,而跟外國人一起交流最大的好處就是,你可以有機會認識一些國外的文化。下面會介紹一些有趣的artwork。





A few days ago, I heard a news which was bout a street artist called Banksy. He was arrested by the police.  I felt shock bout this new which reminds me "How can we protect street art or temporary art?" I remembered that there was a workshop which provided an opportunity to create an installation of horse sculptures. Unfortunately, most of the horse sculptures have been damaged by the tourists
in the public areas. As it can be seen that Macanese pay less attentions for the protection of street art. Thus, I sincerely want to bring out a msg through this workshop.

During this workshop, I faced many obstacles, for example: "
I have to think of a professional word which can fully describe "How can we protect street art or temporary art?". As my english is not good enough, therefore I have to ask helps from my English teacher. He suggested me using a word "Fragile"which means easily broken. When you communicate with someone, you will definitely used language and vocabulary. However they also are fragilely because the meanings are easily changed in different language.


However, there are some reason and I changed my mind. Ultimately, I have used the word "Art" instead of "Fragile". By the way, the name is not the main stuff we are concerned, we should focus on the build up process.

幾天前看到一則關於街頭藝術家Banksy被捕的新聞報道,從而令我想起了新年的時候擺放在澳門各以馬做主題的裝置藝術品。那時候, 那些雕塑擺放在街上沒多久就被嚴重的損壞,可見人們對保護街頭藝術意式極之微薄。所以我想通過這個工作坊,帶出這個信息,而我第一個遇到的問題便是“語言”。


首先,我要想好一個可以用來表達“保護街頭藝術”的生字。由於辭量有限,所以我去了問我的外語老師, 他見意我用“Fragile”這個字,意思是“容易損壞的”。他還提醒了的一件事,當你與別人溝通時,就從必定會用到語言及生字。而它們都是一種“易碎品”,因為在不同的文化中,生字的解釋也會有所不同。但是因為某些原因,我把“Fragile”改成“Art”。Anyway這篇Blog要介紹的是制作過程,所以不要介意我選擇了哪一個生字。




 




This is the first chance I use this technology - use the projector to make a 3D artwork. My final work will be posted below this paragraph. Let me introduce this technology to all of you.In this technology, prospective is the most important factor because you can only see the 3D artwork only at the particular angle; assume that you are standing in other angles, the 3D artworks will morphed.

The most difficult part to make an artwork by using this tecnology was "cooperation", team work is extremely important: In this case, one people have to hold the projector steady and the other one should measure the scale accurately, with their perfect cooperations, the 3D artwork will be finished flawless.

In short, I enjoyed using this technology. I hope you can learn something from my sharing, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to comment. Thank you for taking time to visit my blog. I will upload the newest entrance monthly.

這次用了Projector來畫一個3D立體畫,而這個技術最特別的地方是你只能在一個特定位置才可以看到整個圖像,否則站在其他角度也只能看到一個變形的圖像。這個技術最難的地方是需要兩個人的合作。一個人需要緊緊的拿好Projector不要動,另一個人要很快地把影像的草稿畫在紙皮上。

終於把這篇歷時四個月的文章完成~




No comments:

Post a Comment